Strange Booting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingercrs

Beta member
Hi Guys,

Firstly let me say Hi to you all, Im new to these here forums although Ive been using the Geeks website for a while now, so easy with the flaming eh

Anyhaw, problem I have is that I have just just put together a machine, specs are:-

ECS nforce3a mobo
Radion ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 pro
Sempron 2800 processor
1 GB of 3200 corsair memory
200 GB maxtor SATA drive
2 sony DVD Burners

Right this is the strange bit. I have stuck it all tohether and installed XP Pro SP2 on there along with all the standard software that comes with such a GFX card. The computer works fine apart from this.

When I turn the machine off and boot it up for the first 2 or three times it will boot fine but hang after 30-40 seconds. Each time I do this It will hang but after 2 or 3 resets the problem resolves itself, I have checked the logs for these periods, but all would appear fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this or even to point out how I can find out what is happening would be great. :D

whats the motherboard model?
At what point does it hang?

Couple of things right off the bat...
Have you tried changing/updating the bios?
Are you using the latest drivers for all your hardware?

Since it doesnt show anything in the logs, I am thinking there might be something hardware-related going on.

Somethings to look at for freezeups:

-Overheating: If you open the side of the case and set up a fan to blow air into the case, that will help to determine if there is a problem with overheating.
-BIOS update: Like Sui said, you should look into updating your BIOS.

By the way, welcome to TF! Drop by the New User Introduction section and introduce yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom