Strange Battery problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

martind

Beta member
Hi All,

Hope you can help me!
I have a HP Compaq nx9110 Notebook PC. When booting up it cut out before it is fully booted, as if the power supply is cut. After trying different combinations of AC, battery etc, I discovered that it works fine with the battery removed and just running on AC power. When i insert the battery it cuts out again in a matter of seconds! Up until this the battery seemed fine. The problem started happening when I ran some HP updates! I thought I may need to update the BIOS also but this didnt resolve the issue. After updating the BIOS do I need to do something else or is it a different problem entirely??????

I'm Lost

It's simple try with a multimeter to measure the voltage of the battery if it's less than it should be chances are that it won't charge anymore. Batteries are manufactured with a determined live most of then 10,000 hrs of live.

But do you not think its a bit too coincidental that its the battery thats shot, when the problem suddenly ocurred after I ran some HP Updates?????

Try doing a system restore to a date before you installed the HP updates. Kind of simplistic but this should undo any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom