Steady beeping once turned on, won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hi, my old sempron 2600+ word processing pc is being weird lately, it has never happened before, and it showed no signs of abnormality until this morning when it won't boot at all. All it did once I pushed the button is that it kept beeping steadily and loudly, and my monitor showed "no device attached" or something like that. I tried opening up the case and moved the cables around a bit, left it laying down on the floor, and turned it on, and it went fine. I could surf the net for 15 minutes, then after that when I was watching a video, the whole OS froze and I couldn't do anything other than turning the pc off manually. Now no matter what I do, the pc won't boot and all it does is keep beeping. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Amd Sempron 2600+ @ 1.8ghz
512MB RAM
Radeon 9550 video card
Windows XP professional

Check your RAM first. Long beeps usually mean you have a bad ram stick installed, or it's come loose a little. Just make sure it's firmly seated. If it still beeps, try one stick at a time.

The other thing that beep code usually is for is the graphics card. Make sure that hasn't knocked loose either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom