static from speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisible_wall

Baseband Member
I have Creative Inspire T3030 speakers and lately, they've been emitting a low static sound constantly. I tried updating my drivers and making sure my settings were correct and the static is still there. After looking around, it seems like my only options are to either open up the speakers and try fixing them (which I would have no clue how to do) or to get some new speakers.

Is it possible to fix them? Should I just avoid the trouble and get new ones? If so, any recommendations?

Hello,

First identify the true source of the problem. While there may be a fault with your speakers, other possible causes include interference from the mains, or your computer.

Test your creative speakers on another device, and test your computer's audio using another set of speakers or headphones.

Do you have a cell phone nearby? Or cordless phones? Or anything at all wireless? Even a microwave will do it (but not all the time, only when it's running).

Usually it's an issue with poorly shielded speakers. Like the previous poster said, check with another device and see if it's a cable issue or an interference issue and proceed from there. Good luck.

Dan

Nope, I just started getting static one day. Nothing around my computer changed and I'm quite sure that it isn't a problem with the computer's own audio.

Yeah, I'm quite sure it's the speakers themselves. I can turn off my computer and leave my speakers on and they still emit static sounds. I tried dusting out everything and the static was still present. Looks like I'll have to get new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom