Static & Computer Components
if computers were like superman, then static is definitely kryptonite (next to spilling soda during a gaming session lol)
scenario : was checking and cleaning my notebook. i opened the case when i remembered, i had to ground myself. i touched the aluminum casing of an external hard drive that was still plugged in. then i touch a metal case cover (from the notebook). after that i didn't really feel any static when touching metal components.
after i sealed everything up, i put the notebook away, and when i went to reach for the light on a chandilier(sp), i got shocked. i touched a metal component on the outside of my notebook, and boom got shocked again. ouch.. i really hope i just accumulated that static from walking around, but not too sure..
question : i didn't feel like i got shocked while working inside the notebook, and i touched the ram chip and other metal surfaces within, if i diid do any damage via static ~ is there anyway to check? or would i pretty much just fry the stuff i already touched?
thnx in advance ~ ciao