startup problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangedrink

Solid State Member
hi, i powered off my pc yesterday, and now when i try to power it back on it doesnt respond as it should. THe power comes on, however it seems like the pc freezes. The moniter doesnt show anything, but the power light flashes on it. Also on the cd drive the light doesnt go off as it should over time. So basically it powers on but icant do anything with it. If anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it.

Sounds like a MB problem. Check for blown Capacitors and what not, or anything that looks like in might have shorted out. (might have to look on the bottom of the MB) It sounds like a new one might be in your future...

Reset the CMOS! 9/10 it fixes the problem. unless its like my Gigabyte mobo that just decided to stick it to me. :mad:

CMOS first, but when it turns on like that with no beeps or error message in any way that usally means the board is grounding out.

So try CMOS first then we try the grounding theory.

yeah, it doesnt beep. So how do i reset the CMOS without being able to see anything on screen, or can you reset it manually.

turn it off, unplug the power supply or flip the switch on it... then go into the desktop and take out the little battery on the mobo... probably next to the ram

alright, ive resetted it and it still does the same thing. I also tried switching out the ram and the video card, so is it safe to say i need a new MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom