AMD 2800+ 32 bit
KV7 Abit mobo,
1 gig of elixer ram
ATI 800XL 256 megs
sb audigy 2
250 gig maxtor
180 gig maxtor
40 gig EIDE/SATA(not working)

The other day i was sitting at my computer, and i put a password on my BIOS...the next morning when i go to turn on the computer, it turns on.

The computer gets past boot, loads the pool data, even gets to the windows boot screen, then shuts off, completely dies. At first i thought that this was a glitch so i tried again, this time it was a shorter amount of time that the computer booted before it died.

Now, Im thinking virus, so i tried booting off of the windows xp sp2 boot disk, to repair the files....started loading things and died.

Then, i thought bad hdd, so i tried booting off of a linux phlac cd...and it even started to boot the gui before it died.

Then i thought bad ram, so i tried replacing the ram and it did the same thing.

The amounts of time before the computer dies varies, but i do have to turn it completely off before i try again and im at a loss for things.

Id really appricate some advice from anyone looking to help.

Thanks,

*bit

the active temp is only 70 degrees C and the cpu is only running 41 degrees C right now, but all im doing is sitting in bios and its raising steadily....but just on startup, how can that be shutting it down , already its been sitting longer in BIOS without shutting down then it has booting up. I do not understand however, how the computer is heading up just the CPU itself is heating up sitting in bios, the CPU fan is on and the heatsink seated properly.

But i think once it hit 50 degrees C it just shut down...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom