Start up Problem. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freak67

Baseband Member
I turned my pc off overnight and the next day when i came hope, i turned the computer on. The lights go on and everything but when i look at the monitor and its a blank/black screen, i tried a different computer monitor and it does the same thing, neither monitors turned on and at the same time the computer is just stalling, running but doing exactly nothing.

My pc specs:
AMD 64 bit 3000+
Abit An8 Fatality Motherboard
Kingston Hyper X ( 512 x 2)
Powercolor X700 256mb Graphics card
Thermaltake 480 w Power source
Hitachi 160GB hard drive

On my Abit Fatl1ty motherboard it has yellow LEDs in which showed 0.4. ; i looked inside the motherboard manual and it did not show that code with a description of the problem.

I believe that it probably my X700 otherwise the computer would have turn on, but then again i can be wrong, can someone give me some help and advice on how to fix this problem? i know a descent amount about computers but i just want to be sure before i order something in an attempt to fix something.

Obvious (as already you said) it is probally the graphics card. Do you have a spare one to test it though?

try using the other connection on the back of your graphics card (e.g use the dvi-vga dongle thing and plug in your monitor to the the dvi port instead of the vga port (White as opposed to blue) ) if your monitor is vga.

Otherwise try taking out your graphics card and putting it back in.

Unfortunately i do not have a spare pci-e card, all my other ones are agp.

And for trying the diferent ports, i tried both of them already, it has the same exact result.

Thanks for the help, anyone have any suggestions on ati cards around the 150$ range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom