Start Up Help...... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry Start Up Help......

Hey...MY computer which is a hp7690 won't start up windows XP....When i turn on the COMPUTER it just KEEPS RELOADING WINDOWS XP...It goes to the BLACK screen and then to the XP,then BACK to the BLACK screen etc....HELP from a NEWBIE....thanks

Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Start Up Help......

Ahhh got it matey,have you tried starting up in updus Modus?

If this doesnt work,do you owe a XP software?

If so place in the harddrive let in run for while and then ESC it.

And then try starting up.

I had the same problme with my packard bell desktop ages ago,lastly after many failure attempts of runing it in updus Modus i allowed win 2000 (was the only software i head back then without an error) to run.

Upon ESCing it after 2 mins when i started up again,it worked.

So try that.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

i think your harddrive got corrupted some, game or something crashed and messed up the hd...

if you have the disc to a recovery...or if you want, do a whole new install. I did
Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Ummmm.....I can't understand what that says....
But I think the what he means is to do a repair install or use the recovery console by inserting yuor XP disc into the CD drive and restarting to boot from the CD. If you try the repair console when it wants commands try the following:
fixboot <enter>
fixmbr <enter>
chkdsk -r <enter>

Then see what happens. Chkdsk checks your hard drive for errors. Also you may want to download Memtest and put on a floppy to check your RAM.
Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry THANKS...I"LL try 2night...

The system worked great last night...I unplugged the computer last night so i could get a serg protector to hook up today and then this happens....I might add that it keep REPEATING on the SCREEN that says...SORRY for etc.... Hit START WINDOWS NORMALLY .....SAFE MODE,or SAFE MODE with NETWORKING,SAFE MODE with Command PROMPT...etc...and then it goes to the WINDOWS XP screen and then back to SORRY..etc...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the boot sector on your hardrive in corrupted you can fix it by rebooting and holding down the F8 key and starting windows in safe mode with command prompt
Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I tried hitting enter on SAFE MODE but it still cycled through and started to REAPEAT again..and then i tried..TOTAL system RESOTRE and it scaned for a sec and then brought me to a BLUE SCREEN...sayning..WINDOWS has shut down..etc.....and then it is says TECHNICAL INFORMATION....*STOP 0x0000001E (0x0000005,0xBF938000,0x00000000,0x009E20F8) win32k,sys - Address BF938000 base at BF800000 DATABASE what this ALL MEANS i don't hav a CLUE...but since TOTAL SYSTEM RESTORE didn't work(i think i did it right) than is it time to call some COMPUTER shops.Oh by the way my computer didn' come with a Start up DISK.....
Old 11-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

get into your bios...choose default settings...
use a legit winxp a a complete reinstall

related findings...
"STOP 0x0000001E" Error Message During Windows Setup

search thread for stop error i did...
MSDN Enhanced Search

Closed Thread