SSD (vertex 3) Sometimes it boot sometime not

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdt256

Beta member
I will tell all my story from the beginning.

Yesterday I receave my new vertex 3 ssd 240g. So first I tried to do a clone of my old HDD with acronis. It actually work but the system was not stable sometime blue screen sometime wont boot up and to add to that it actually make an error after the bios load saying that there an error with the ahci port 2. (actually at the time the old HDD that Ive made a clone of was plug in there) so I dont know if the problem was cause because I leave the hdd that Ive made a clone of plug-in. Anyways lets continue so after that I decide to make a clean install so Ive put the windows dvd and (make a quick format of the SSD in the windows installation menu). After that everything was install (driver ... etc) It was so quick and everything was working find in windows. But when I start my computer one time out of 2 it just stop on the windows logo (loading page) and stay there forever and the error *at the startup (ahci port 2) is still there.

If someone can help me with that :pPP that would be amazing

My system:
P6t deluxe mobo
I7 930
12g ram corsair dominator 1600mhz
Vertex 3 240g
HD 6870 CF
Corsair HX1000

I will tell all my story from the beginning.

After that everything was install (driver ... etc) It was so quick and everything was working find in windows. But when I start my computer one time out of 2 it just stop on the windows logo (loading page) and stay there forever and the error *at the startup (ahci port 2) is still

Ok, you see where I bolded that text in your post, please tell me what exactly was installed.
If you need some help, start startup recovery with windows vista or 7 and wait for it to load, go to menu where you can boot off of system restore.
It will show you what was installed during your windows session and each reboot the driver or software needed when granted before there was no more recovery points.

It could be hardware driver conflict or it could be incompatible software or etc.
If it BSOD of you, pay close attention to it and be ready to jot it down so that we can back trace it and find out whats going on for you.

NOTE: also go right back into bios and look under your AHCI settings and make sure your ssd drive isn't set to IDE mode but sata ahci mode.
That should resolve some problems and allow your ssd to stay online for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom