Squares all over - graphics card issue.

Odal190

Beta member
Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Problem:
I attached a screenshot of what I see. This is not just in games, but the problem is much worse in them.

So, I've done a some of my own limited-knowledge troubleshooting to see if this is for sure a hardware issue or software. I have all drivers up to date. I have even tried restoring my computer to the initial save. I've tried moving the graphics card to a different slot and it's the same thing. There are graphical glitches even before Windows 7 loads up, so I'm pretty sure it's not a software issue.

I'm just not sure how to pinpoint whether it's the graphics card or something else. Motherboard? Is there a way to know? Device manager says there's also something called "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" under Display Adapters. Not sure what that is... The problem doesn't seem to be any deeper than just a graphical one.

Attachments

• Whatswrong.jpg
    Whatswrong.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
Do the dots appear in different locations or always in the same place, Could be either your monitor or that 780 crapping out on you, Could even be just a dirty connection to the monitor or the wire is going bad, Try disconnecting the cable from both ends (take it off the monitor and video card) Make sure all the pins aren't bent and reconnect and if you have another monitor or even a TV you can connect the pc to and see if it still has the issue, if it does that will remove the monitor from the list of possibilities.

Is the card one of the pre-overclocked cards (i.e. 'Superclock' line)?

You could try decreasing the memory/clock frequencies in Afterburner slightly and see if they go away.

Do you still have warranty for the card? If your temps are fine, I'd send it in.

Back
Top Bottom