Spilled water on Keyboard

Sky6643

Beta member
Hello, a few days ago, I accidentally spilled water on the keyboard. Minutes after the spill, the down arrow key stopped working. It's the only key not working. How can I fix this issue? The model is acer spin 3

Last edited:
Well, you have to replace the keyboard to fix the issue. Water damage makes the keyboard beyond repair and more keys will probably stop working over time (thats what happened to me). Try going to your laptop manual (you can also find it online) to see instructions on keyboard replacement. You can find replacement keyboards on websites like ebay easily.

If you spilled water on it, and it got into the keyboard, there's also a chance it got below the keyboard and built up corrosion. Would have to take the keyboard panel off, and look under it to make sure that nothing else got under the kb itself and went below.

The first thing you need to worry about is the moisture itself, once it completely dries, it may work. Next, the water may have minerals or contaminants in it that could "gum" things up. As mentioned by Carnage X, you also have to worry about corrosion.

I recently spilled a full cup of diet soda on my Surface Pro 4 keyboard. I dried it best that I could then tried it. At first, it was completely dead. After a few hours, it started working but some of the keys didn't work and the track pad started doing funky things with the mouse pointer. The following day it worked fine. Only time will tell if something in the soda will eventually cause corrosion and the keyboard will have problems again but, for the time being, it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom