SpeedFan voltage readings a bit worrysome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
On Speedfan, my voltages are reading as follows (I have an OCZ Modstream 520W PSU)

+3.3: 3.22
+5: 5.05
+12: 11.86

-5: -2.94
-12: -8.08
+5VSB: 5.59

These cant be correct, or can they? Somethings wrong and I dont know what. Entire system specs are in the sig.
Thanks
-Him

Speefan is probably the most inaccurate program I've ever come across.

Get yourself a $20 multimeter from radioshack and just probe an open molex connectors +12v line and check for yourself, atleast you'd know exactly what it's at way better than some program can offer.

My board is reading 11.71v on the +12v line right now...but when I tested it with a multimer it's at 12.08 idle and 12.01 under load....sooo yeah, like I said, most voltage reading programs suck ass...speedfan is no exception

GX1_Man said:
Looks good. Carry on.

What the hell's wrong with you, it looks good? Thats wrong, wrong wrong wrong.

After doing a bit of research, I found that speedfan was hella inaccuate, as you said. I dont have too much money so I cant afford a multi-meter right now, but I may have one at home. But I will do that, check out my voltages.

On a similar note, do I have to turn on Active PFC? on my PSU? I notcied that when I wass installing something today with the CD, the LED's on the front of my case dimmed a little bit, like a small surge went through, and that should nto have happened.

that PFC function in the PSU is built into it...theres nothing to turn on.

I couldn't tell you what inside the PSU actually does that function or anything though

Yeah, at least speedfan has a few things going for it. :D

I never payed attention to those voltages after my new PSU was way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom