speakers work in Linux but not windows :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello all.

been awhile since I have been here.

I brought a HP pavilion DV2221us notebook a few months ago which came with Windows Vista (YUCK!), a couple of weeks ago I downgraded back to XP pro cause vista sucks.

My speakers were working fine for a few days and then they just up and died on me; my headphone jack works which is how I listen to music on my laptop now.
I hadnt installed any new hardware or software before the issue and so I loaded on a copy of linux I had and the speakers worked fine (what the heck?!)

Loaded a fresh copy of XP pro back on and the same problem only this time the speakers didnt work when I first installed windows.

What could be going on here? the speakers work in linux but not windows??
I like Linux but do not want to use it fulltime so please dont think this is an option I can take lol.

please if you can shed some light on this it would be great.

Thanks

okay...

Today i installed the chipset drivers and the new sound drivers aswell as the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
All to no avail. the only issue the chipset drivers fixed is the fact that I can now use my ethernet port in the laptop and not have to use a USB ethernet adapter.

I am completely baffled here; this weekend sometime I will reinstall windows Vista and see if I have sound in the speakers and if I do then well and good but if I dont then I guess I will be sending it back to HP and use my warrenty lol.

Go into the device manager, and see if there are any unknown devices, or if there is an exclamation point on your sound card in there...

All the drivers are uptodate and sound was not muted in the cp.

I reinstalled vista and speakers still wont work so tommorow I will call HP and get my notebook looked at by them and hopefully it wont take them 4 freaken months to fix the problem lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom