Speakers not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Right ok so my friend has just got the same speakers as me, Logitech X-210. For me it was a case of plug and play, no having to install anything from a CD.

Problem is hers aren't working, we're both using Vista, me 64-bit her 32-bit, i assumed she'd have less problems if there were any. They are turned on before you ask the volume adjuster has a green light on like mine. I've tried both ports, one on the front of her case and one on the back but neither seem to work. By port i mean it plugs into the computer by a wire which ends in one of those pin style ones with a green top.

Thing is i think her last speakers wouldn't work until she bought USB ones but we assumed she got bad speakers, could the ports be broken or is it something else?

have you tried yours to see if it's the speakers? May need to update or install the driver for the mobo sound (if that's what your using and not a PCI sound card)

no mine doesn't have a sound card but hers does, it's a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme sound card, comp was made on a custom pc site.

I would check into the software, to see if the channels are correct. X-fi usually has some type of diagnostic where you can check the inputs. Check the driver for updates, or again try your speakers to see if it's not the hardware itself.

check to see if the channels are correct? Sorry no good at this, i'm just going to try her speakers on my PC now.

EDIT: Ok i tried her speakers in my pc they do work fine so it's something about her PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom