speakers aren't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
its a philips 2.1 and last night my brother and my friend said they heard the speakers make a continuous sound like a heart beat and it become more frequent. then it just stopped. they were scared because they heard a breathing sound out of nowhere after the speakers stopped making the sound. they thought it was a ghost. LOL

but anyway, i got on the computer this morning and they didn't work. they are plugged in, the volume isn't on mute and i restarted the pc, it still doesnt work. any ideas?

first check your device manager, to see that there are no conflicts, then i would try to find a known good set of speakers, ( even if they're crappy) they just need to work. to determine if it's actually the speakers themselves.

right click on my computer>> select manage>> then click on Device manager in the left hand column.

the best way to find out is to get a pair of speakers that you know are working. even if you borrow from a friend or family member for a few hours. or buy new ones, and test them and take them back.

i have a number of options, for the sound and etc... option. which one do i want?
1.audio Codecs
2.legacy audio driver
3.legacy video capture devices
4.media control devices
5.sigma tel high definition audio CODEC
6.Video Codecs.

i would right click each one if you don't know which to choose, and select properties. look to see that they are working correctly. i still say you need to get your hands on a different set of speakers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom