Speaker/Headphone jak Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Speaker/Headphone jack Problems {moved to Audio/multimedia}

Hello there, my first post on this forum and i hope to be abled to help in any way if possible! I am usually pretty good at solving problems with my pc logically, but. . .

Just the other day, my younger brother managed to break my front headphone jack (green one), it is actually snapped off the circuit board within. since this happened, my rear audio jack, also green, seems to only be playing sounds really quietly, i have tried all the sound properties and options within my pc and have had no success. one thing i managed was to plug my speakers into a blue audio jack on the rear of my pc and change the options on my sound effect manager to make my pc use the blue jack as my rear speakers, doing this i can listen to music but when i play games the audio is messed up, i cant seem to make it use the blue jack as the front speakers.

so. . . im looking for a way or making my pc forget ever having a front headphone/audio jack and just using the rear one at full volume again with all of the sound comming through there, or, i was hoping there would be a way of routing all my pc's audio to the blue audio socket, my knowledge in pc audio is limited so im unsure of what to do next.
if there is software that routs all my pc,s audio to a different socket i would be greatefull for it/a link to it!
Closed Thread