are sparks comming out of ur comp bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimabond

Beta member
on the front of my computer i have 2 usb ports side by side and the divider between the 2 fell out when i tried to plug in a flash drive they might have touched which caused a spark and my comp screen froze.

when i reset my comp the screen does not work(think it says check signal cable or something) at all and i can hear that it does not make loading noises and so does not boot up into windows but all the fans are working.

would anyone have any ideas what is wrong? im guessing iv shorted out my motherboard and graphics card and just hope everything else is fine but has anyone been in a similar situation? it will be a few days before i can get everything tested

Ya sounds like you shorted out the motherboard for sure, try testing components a time to see if the motherboard comes to the conclusion.
1.First try a different Power supply
2.Test out the RAM by downloading Memtest (under my sig)
3.Use the onboard video card or a different video card itself
4.disconnect the front USB ports from the motherboard and try booting her up from there

Tell us how it goes

I know sparks come out of my computer when I jam a paper clip in from the vent of my PSU while its running. I won't be doing that anytime soon again.

I know sparks come out of my computer when I jam a paper clip in from the vent of my PSU while its running. I won't be doing that anytime soon again.

What do you mean by "again" o_O? You mean you've jammed one in there before? Why in the world would you do that while its running, or at all, period LOL.

hmmm i just hope my harddrive has not died...........spent way too much time investing stuff in it so if it gone i WILL cry

well first what I would do is unplug it for about 12hrs and then try it again, and if it dont work, try getting a new motherboard, or disconnecting the usb from the motherboard that goes to the port that shorted. if worse comes to worse, get a identical motherboard, and if that dont work, check into the psu, if still nothing, check into the cpu...etc down the line untill it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom