Space All Taken Up on C Drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Space All Taken Up on C Drive

I'm just gonna post this here, i need a solution like a month ago i got a virus and did a system restore on my computer and it seems to have worked and restored it back to like day one when i first took it out of the box had to run the inital setup or whatever and all that to and blah blah blah anyway i all of the space on my hard drive is still taken up and i cant find the files by going to start computer Persario c and all that, there not there but it says its still there i only have like 2 gigs of space left and no external so i really need the space anyone know what i can do the help would be appreciated thanks!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Space All Taken Up on C Drive

Post moved to new thread.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Space All Taken Up on C Drive

thebusiness, please use proper grammar. That was a bit hard to read. Welcome to TF all the same.

A system restore does not get rid of viruses. Only Anti-Virus software does. You should have gone into safe mode and run your AV. You have a growing Virus. It steals the space on your hard drive until the OS quits.

A fresh install is in store. Back up ALL your data. Re-format your hard drive, do not pick the fast format, you need to re-write all your bits to make sure your virus is dead.
__________________ Steam Account
Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Space All Taken Up on C Drive

What is the make and model of the PC? From there we can try to properly restore it to factory settings.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread