Originally Posted by Qtrb0y
i'm having problem with soundmax .... i downloaded a program to update my drivers
i posted this problem many forums no one of them solved my problem =(
There's your problem right there, get rid of that program that "thinks" its getting the correct drivers for your onboard soundmax card.
Revert back to windows default driver and reboot the machine.
Look at this site here and follow along below:
1. Free SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Download
2. From the Device Manager, right click on the Sound driver and select, Update Driver Software
3. Click Browse my computer for driver software
4. Click Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer
5. Click Have Disk and browse to folder, SMAXWDM\W2K_XP\ and select smwdmCH7
6. Accept the warning and proceed with installation.
That should be able to fix that problem hopefully, but beware soundmax has not been updated since early 2007 of vista days.