SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappelle

Beta member
Ok, My problem is i have no sound. I have a Presario 4420. The Sound card is a SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Digital Audio. I just had the power supply replaced because it just stoped worken. when i got the computer back the sound didn't work. There was a sound driver error so i uninstalled the driver then reiinstalled the driver, but it would not install completely because it just says that there might be problem in the hardware. so i am not sure what to do. if it is broken then... well at least i can move on from there but if there is somthing else i can do about it that would be great any tips would be nice.

if the sound is onboard and it has jumpers for external audio jacks. make sure there is a jumper over the left in/out and the right in/out header. (or that the external audio is hooked up right)

make sure it's enabled in the bios first however.

talldude123 said:
is the sound card completely seperate, or is the sound card integrated with the motherboard?

Soundmax is intergrated.

Uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Also another test I like trying is to see if the sound card works under a different operating system like knoppix. If you want to try the test with knoppix, you can easily google the name and get a download.

did you check the jumpers on the audio headers though? that is probably the most likely cause other than disabled in the bios.. The left and right channel NEED to have a jumper over them if they are not connected to the case.
\\

come to think of it.. check the windows device manager to see if there's any unknown devices there.. If theres any unknown sound devices. or anything Unknown let us Know and post back here as to what they say.

if there is nothing to do; just get a sound card off an old pc. Im sure that computer shops will have a pile of used sound cards for less than $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom