Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
when i play a game like ut3 or css, my music in winamp and wmv stops. Is there a way to get around this?

If your using the built in sound card in the mobo, then you should be able to (I have the same mobo and have the same games and can play mp3 while playing) just to get that out of the way.

Can you open and mp3 in winamp and then open another mp3 in Windows Media Player and have them play at the same time?

I know in steam there is some sort of built in mp3 player (that may be linked to winamp, which could possible be stopping the mp3 from playing. If you minimize the game, can you play mp3's, does it stop the mp3's player or just cut the sound?

im using a pci soundcard. i think tho that its a built in game soudntrack feature. becuase it works with older games and the such

The game might request all open streams available on your soundcard. For example my card has 64 streams available. When I play music in winamp it goes to 63, if at the same time I also open youtube and play a video then its down to 62.
Better soundcard = more streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom