Sound/USB Issues with New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
Finally was able to get my new build running. Now the sound will not work. The small sound ports do not work and the larger ones work but sound terrible, lots of static and a hum.

When I first boot sometimes the USB keyboard/mouse do not work until I unplug and plug back in.

Here are the stats:

Thermaltake Tsunami

AMD Opteron 165

DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D

G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR500

eVGA GeForce 7900GT

Western Digital 36.7GB Raptor

Optical Drive: Nec CD/DVD burner - $35.

Any ideas on somthing I can try? I did install the realtech drivers from my MOBOs disk.

Thank you!

-Nathan

Try setting your Keyboard and mouse support to OS in the BIOS setting. You should also have the latest service pack for your OS, this should fix many issue with USB devices and the controller.

What kind of speaker are you using? because this a 7.1 sound card. The larger ports that you are refering to is the S/PDIF in and out port. Used to transmit digital signals without having to convert it to analog. Most speaker don't support digital that's why you need a sound card that use analog signal. If you have a 7.1 speaker or 5.1 or 2.1, just simply match the color with the plug and port. Then of course go into Windows Device Manager to make sure the card is listed there and no error, verify you have your volume level is up or not muted. If you install the application for the sound card, verify that it is configured to recongize the speakers.

Sounds like good advice, and this might sound silly, but also go into control pannel, sounds and audio devices, and make sure that the correct one is selected from theat drop down audio tab.

I have a soundcard and also some headphones (with their own drivers) and once 4got to switch and spent like an hour trying to troubleshoot something that wasnt broken.

Alright. USB issue is resolved with Sp2. Sound still a problem, however, I just discovered that the speaker port on the top of my PC works. So only the ports in the back do not. I looked in the device manager and I see nothing strange. I opened the RealTek sound effect manager and scanned for connectors and it viewed the green port in the back that my speaker was hooked to as a mic plug. I switched it to speaker with no results. Tried it in the top blue one that it said was a speaker with no results. Any other suggestions?

Atleast now I have sound....although I would rather not have my speakers plugged into the top of my PC.

Thank you for the help!

-Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom