Sound stopped working altogether?(please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
The other day my sound all of a sudden stopped working, changing my sound card into a different slot doesnt work, ive tried uninstalling my sound drivers and reinstalling, what else can i do? :umm:

Heres the message i get when trying to listen to music on media player....
untitled-2.jpg

And this is what happens when i start DXDIAG
untitled3.jpg

And when i click "test sound" i get this message
untitled4.jpg

What is going on? my soundcard is only a few months old and like i said changing pci slot doesnt make a difference? i think myself its a windows problem and thats what someone said when i put a post up a few days ago.......

That's weird to happen all of a sudden. My sound card would come up with messages like that and randomly stop working. I was told to install a specific update and it fixed it. Have you installed any updates in the last few days?

Uninstall the card drivers then shut down the computer.Restart and let windows go through the install process maybe it will pick it up then. But it really sounds like a defencive card to me.

ok just to throw a ace in there............... ive now discovered that my onboard sound isnt working either? but after i took the soundcard out i dont get any of the problems above, dxdiag doesnt report any faults and windows media player plays songs fine, just without sound.

This is very stange

When you have the sound card in do you have the on board sound disabled in your BIOS?
Have you checked your book for the card and on board sound and made sure your using the right spot to plug into? I know this sounds like a DUH question but I can't tell you how many times I've made that mistake.
If there both not working it makes me thing its some setting or something like that. Nothing muted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom