Sound randomly stops working with USB Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon1

Solid State Member
So I got this headset about 2 weeks ago, and it was working fine since last Friday, I believe. Whenever I am playing my games, every sound will stop and I will have to unplug the USB headset and plug it back in for the sound to work again. Now, this gets extremely annoying when Im on ventrilo or listening to music. I have read some places that it could be a Ventrilo bug, but Im not sure about that, and I reinstalled vent twice, with no changes. I know my drivers are up to date(Im pretty sure) since I went into Device Manager and it checked for me. Anybody know why this could be happened? I'm thinking it could be my headset that is the problem, but I am unsure. Im going to look for an old headset and see if that one cuts off like this to see if it is just the headset.

Im running Win7 64bit by the way.

Thanks.

Do not let Windows find you an update. Go to the website of your manufacturer.

I think your sound it switching over to your headset automatically, unsure.

Sorry for the late reply. I still haven't figured it out. It isn't Ventrilo thats causing it, because it went out when I wasn't using it. I'm currently running several anti-virus programs(Mcafee, Super Anti-Spyware) to see if there is a virus that could be causing this.

Other Info: When it goes out, all I have to do is go to Playback Sounds, then disable and enable my audio headset and it works again, though I do have to restart my game that I am currently playing.

Could it be a defective keyboard that is causing it? I tried my other keyboard for a little bit, and it seemed to stop, but I want to test it some more. The reason I stopped trying is bceause that keyboard shorts out and stops working every now and then.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Could it be that if my computer needs to save energy, it shuts of the USB device? Im trying that now. Nope, still happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom