Sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alektorophobia

Beta member
I am having trouble with my onboard audio device. I took apart my computer and re assembled it. i put everything back the way it was (as far as i know) and everything is working great accept my sound. its weird. i wont get any sound from my speakers when it is in the green line out (front speaker out) port at all. also no sound comes out of the port in the front of my computer either. i reinstalled the audio drivers and device manager says nothing is wrong with it. the only way for me to get sound is if i put me speakers in the rear speaker out port. but that doesnt play sound in games or regular windows sounds. it just seems to be my front speaker out port thats not working properly. i have the latest updates and my sound was working fine befor i took my computer apart. anyone know what else i should try?

on board sound fails all the time mine failed and my microphone wouldnt work i bough a soundcard and it was worth the investment and it fixes the problem with a ton of other features on top of it. it will greatly improve the sound quality and bass depending on what card you get :)

Hello,

Have you checked in your volume control to ensure that the front speakers level is not muted, and is high?

Also, what onboard audio do you have? Realtek AC'97?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom