Sound lag and mobo not detecting all of my ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ind3sisziv

Baseband Member
Ok so I have an Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3r, i7 930 and I have had sound lagging issues for a while now, and they are getting incredibly annoying... First of all I did check the read before you post and I'm not even using Winamp, im using Pandora and I did try setting chromes priority to realtime. Ok when I got my motherboard it wad DOA, it wouldn't boot, so I rma'd it to newegg and they got it back to me where it would boot. Maybe it has always had the issue but I didn't start noticing it until a couple months later. I also later fount out that my motherboard isn't always detecting all of my ram. I have 6.00 GB of ram and when it boots it will either say 4 or 6, and when I go to the system health in the BIOS it shows weird stuff(I can't explain right now its been a while since I looked at it). Anyhow when i got to System it says 6.00 GB or 6.00 GB (4.00 GB usable), im not sure but i believe the sound issue persists during both states. Oh and its not my speakers nor amp, Tested those with my ipod and my computer lags the sound with my headphones too. I have tried different frequencies and such to no avail, and reinstalling windows didn't help either. Oh i forgot to mention I have 2 sound cards, the integrated and a sb audigy se( i believe thats it and I think the problem is even worse on the audigy) both have this terrible effect leaving me to belive its my mobo/cpu/ram. Any suggestions to fixing this? I'm about to rip my hair out, this is really ******* annoying i just want to be able to hear sound without all this ******* lag..

edit: it also isn't uniform with its lag for example it will lag and play fine at the same ram usage(according to my sidebar), yes I am overclocked but i remember testing the sound without the overclock and it still being laggy (but if you guys think i should test again i most definatly will.)

thanks

:umm:HI ind3sisziv i think u have problem with your soundcard drivers... try reinstalling, also try reinstalling your divx audio/video codecs, see in device manager if there is hardware recourses conflict. check for viruses/spyware.
As for your ram memory check in bios if there is memory remap option and turn it off. Can u set your ram in three way ddr3 channel mode?:umm:

First thing is first take a deep breath and just chuckle at the situation for abit.
Once your done, open that computer case and remove the sound blaster audigy for now.
Boot into safe mode get rid of the sound blasters drivers the correct way, then you want to look at your onboard sound cards status.
Go to device manager click on the sounbd card to the tab where it says driver navigate to one more tab and see what it says.

If it says this sound card is working properly do a check and see if you can get some STABLE sound card drivers.
If you do install it, once it's done reboot, then I want you to go to VGMusic - 30,519 Game Music MIDI files and download a simple midi song.

If that midi plays fine without lag, try a mp3 if that works, your final step is to open up task manager and look at the cpu and system resources and tell me whats going on, if the onoboard sound stops going berserk something else could be at fault and the main culprit.

yes i am on x64, ive looked in the device manager but can't see any errors except the drivers for raid and usb3.0, ill look for memory remap tommorow as its very late. Something ive noticed is that its very inconsistant, it will lag sometimes but not always, i just played midi song just fine, but 25 minutes ago it was driving me mad. Ill go through all your step tommorow aswell mike, thanks for the help, ill post my findings.

Ok sure thing, if you post today or late tonight I'll check back in here again before I shut down my wireless nic got a study before I take a final exam first thing in the morning.
Also for raid and USB 3.0 drivers look into a updated chipset driver that may correct those problems, and check check the sata cabling to see if anything is looking worn out...

sorry i didnt post back again :(, the sound is acceptable sometimes so i just forget. I did some reading looking for where the memory re-map function was in my bios however i found it isnt there. I also found someone with my same motherboard has the same ram problem and found it was because of a bent socket pin, I was thinking this was a likely source of both of the problems because my motherboard was originally doa however refitting the processor is a pain. Im not using raid so i really dont care about having the drivers. What really is bothering me is that its not consistant with the lagging. I could play a song just fine, then have the sound start lagging in the middle of the next song. And i lied i didnt do that yet but im on it now.

Edit: i removed the audigy however its always said the sound was working correctly im going to listen to a lot of music to check for lag

Dang man, well we are down to are last few options here... :(

1.Give up on your current mobo, the reason why I say this, because something is wrong with that joker.
I don't know if you have the money but a get a different mobo than the one you have and start oiff fresh with some new sata cables and such to allow for a smooth run.

2.Wakeup in the morning and call technical support and tell them what the heck is going on, in fact insist on a RMA and tell the head supervisor to give you a different board model.
Sometimes they listen to you and do it if your real nice and don't scream at em. ;)

If you do either one of those I hope you have a spare computer cause you might be waiting a week or so before you get a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom