Sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have recently installed a new graphics card which has a HDMI, VGA and a DVI adapter. I have connected my monitor with a vga cable and my TV with a HDMI cable. However when I first installed the graphics card I could use both my monitor and my tv to view my pc desktop but I could only get sound through my monitor via the sound cable. What I done then was to try to swap the sound driver from the Realtek that is on my mobo to the hi def audio device that is on my graphics card. I couldn't swap them over so I could use the sound through the hdmi cable so i disabled the realtek sound in the manage audio devices in the sound part of the control panel. Now though I can't find the realtek sound plugin so I can get sound through my monitor when I want to use my monitor not my tv. Does anyone know how to get the realtek sound working again your help would be a great help.

I think it may have been uninstalled but I will try that now. Also in future I will check where I put my new threads. Cheers for moving it for us.

how do i re-enable it?

No problem, I put it in the hardware troubleshooting section even though it doesn't seem like a hardware issue, but you never know.

EDIT: Don't double post please.

How did you disable it? Normally you do it through the device manager.

Also, what OS are you running?

What happened was I went to the control panel and then went to hardware and sound, from there I went to sound and then manage audio devices, and then went to playback and from there i disabled it. If I go to device manager it says that it is installed and I can disable it and then enable it but in the playback part of sound it is saying no audio devices are installed. I am using vista.

Thanks for the help but I have now solved the problem, a simple system restore sorted the problem out, and i will even tell you what I done wrong.....

Instead of disabling the audio device I should have just chosen which of the two I wanted as the default audio device.

Well, I'm glad you solved the problem.

For future reference whenever you're going to post something soon after your last post, just hit the edit button at the bottom right of your post instead. Double posting isn't really allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom