Sound Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

defyishuge

Solid State Member
Ok, I just got a new computer yesturday (Friday). Everything was working smooth last night but today I cant get sound to work. I have tried speakers and my headphone and I can not get anything to happen. If anyone could offer any solutions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you tried just checking volume settings?

check the volume settings on both the software your using, and the sound properties found on your taskbar. Make sure nothing is muted.

Have you installed any new software? If you have, try uninstalling, then reboot and try again.

If all else fails, try re-installing drivers.

being that it's only a day old I doubt a hardware situation, but you never know. I used to do support for vaio, and they always had problems.

right click on my computer and click on properties. Click on the hardware tab, then click on the button that says device manager.

In device manager go to sound video and game controllers, and find the one that loksk most like an actual model name instead of codecs and video capture devices....

right click on it and click uninstall.

Reboot the machine and it should automatically re-find the correct driver and reinstall it. If it doesn't you'll need to have the drivers on hand to reinstall. Either on disk or downloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom