Sound gone. Driver problem suspected

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennykim

Solid State Member
Hey everyone

Having an annoying problem with sound card (or driver)
It was doing all fine upto the point where my computer just came up with bluescreen and restarted couple of times, and suddenly my sound is gone. After that, I don't get any more blue screens but haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with the sound...

Using on board Realtek 97 on A8N-SLI Deluxe Asus motherboard.

I've tried,

1. On CIMOS, disabled sound, in Safe-mode, uninstalled all the feature under Sound, video and game controller section at System Device, restart, reinstall with the latest driver, yet not working.

2. Anti-virus program, full scan, no known virus or adware spyware whatsoever, also MS Security Patch etc etc, yet not working.

3. System recovery to the point where my computer was fully working and tried to reinstall and everything... doesn't work

If anyone could help me with this, it will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Tenny

PS: I would like to leave "formatting method" as my last resort because the amount of data that I need to backup is hugggge....

Goto your motherboards website and download the Lastest BIOS Issue from there. It may correct your problem.
I would all suggest Clearing the CMOS and re enabling the Sound device in Device manager if you did that,

What i did was uninstall your sound driver then reinstall it. It helped me i would give it a try

is the system overclocked? if so, declock it. if not, then what type of sound card is it? if its integrated, get the drivers from the mobo website, if its not, get them from the manu. website. what happens when it trys to install? also is it possible to try a diff hdd with a diff operating system as a test to see if it works?

Thank you all for your help

Flahsing bios was the key. I appreciate a lot. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom