sound feedback problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtueftw

Beta member
ok, my friend on vent has a realtek sound card. It used to be fine, but one day it just started ****ing up.

Basically when i talk at the same time he talks, i hear myself like 100x louder than normal, and it is blowing out my eardrums ><

we have tried messing with some settings, but i figured id post here

thanks

Sounds like he is using a mic and speakers and you are getting your own feedback through his mic. Ask him about it first. Also, have him use "push to talk" so the mic doesn't kick on everytime someone talks.

he has a push to talk key set, and he uses a logitech mic. When he pushes his ptt key i can hear his beep aswell

Yeah, you are getting his feedback. Maybe have him turn down his speakers, or actually spring for a cheap headset.

Then something is definitely screwed up. :D

Have him update his sound drivers, as that is always the safe first step. Have him check to make sure he has the headset plugged into the correct jacks, too.

While I haven't heard of this particular problem, it could be the headset. Could he swap it out with a different one, or just use the mic and his regular speakers to see if that's the problem?

If it is his sound chip (Realtek is normally an onboard chip), he could look into getting a dirt cheap sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom