Sound Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewBrown

Beta member
Hey my computer will not detect any sound devices, souch as speakers and headphones. i think there is something wrong with my sound card or sound drivers. my sound card is a soundmax. i dont have the serial number for it so i dont know which version it is. Also i am missing ADI codecs, i tried to download them but it got corrupted, i also tried to download the drivers but they will not install properly. When i tried to install them halfway through the setup a message comes up and says: audio driver installion failed. Do you wish to continue the rest of the installation? When i say yes the installation finished and says i must restart the computer to finish the installtion. i restart my computer and it says ADI codec not found driver failed to install. Can someone plaease help me!:eek: :confused:

Look in your device manager and see if there is an unknown device in in the list. Look under details and find the numbers after VEN and DEV. These numbers will indentify exactly what kind of sound card you have from what manufacturer.

If there is no device in your list, then physically remove it from the computer, startup without the card and after that, start up with the card back in.

If this card is embedded. Go into the bios, and disable the sound card. Boot with it disabled, reboot and enable it.

If its removable, and you have another comp, you can also test the card on another computer.

If its embedded and you have verified that its damaged, then you can solder a new one in with a radio shack desoldering braid and a new replacement chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom