Sound driver missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
Usually I'm not this retarded when it comes to driver issues, but this one has got me stumped. I'm trying to fix a laptop (Toshiba a135-s4407) for a friend, and he said he was uninstalling things and accidentally uninstalled something that make his sound stop working. In device manager, there is an entry for PCI Device (very unhelpful vague description...) but I assume that's the audio device.
The PC was purchased from a pawn shop and has Windows XP on it, even though apparently they're being retailed only with Vista or 7. Therefore, finding the drivers isn't as easy as going to toshiba.com. I assume that the audio device is from Realtek like every other integrated audio card, but installing the XP version of the High Definition Audio Driver or whatever didn't help. There was an AC '97 version, but their site was uploading the driver at a screaming 10 kb/s, so I didn't want to sit through another 40 minutes of downloading just to have it not work either.
What should I do?

Well I downloaded and started the install of the vista driver from Toshiba and can confirm that it is the HD driver that you need. Use revo uninstaller to remove all previous driver installs as some remnants may still be lurking and try the hd driver again straight from realtek. Realtek

I'll try Revo Uninstaller. That may be the problem, thanks.

What exactly do I do in Revo Uninstaller to make it help me?

You need Driver Sweeper from Guru3D. Revo Uninstaller is a replacement for the Add/Remove programs not driver removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom