Sound Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Beta member
I'm not sure what is wrong with my computer but here it goes....

I downloaded an anti-virus program a while back and it took my sound off of my computer for some reason. i talked with some friends at school and they said to check the device manager and some other stuff. when i get home, i check the device manger to upgrade my driver or something and nothing is in the device manager :eek: :confused:

Here is a pic:

Oh, before i forget the anti-virus program i used was one from wal-mart named "System Mechanic 6 - Professional" My mom also had this problem on her computer and it also happened to my laptop.

If anyone can help me out thnx ALOT!

first things first unplug ur internet connection either the usb or eithernet, get rid of that well-fare Anti-**** , then try opening Device manager.

ur computer might be getting kinda slow so i'd give couple minutes to load.

try getting Kaspersky as an Anti-virus and Zonealarm as a firewall dont use that Wal-Mart crap

check if u hav the hidden devices viewed :

also system mechanic has some terrible problems with messing up- windows, avg is also a good free anti virus

here is another pic...

[EDIT] I also cannot get back my XP theme, It's like im stuck in the past :eek:

i think u might of done some registry cleaning with that program,
u might of deleted some registry files and this is the result.

happened to be too but it deleted my network registry

if i were in ur shoes i'd format the system (first backup everything)

oh no good if u use system mechanic u gotta view the results b4 u give permission to make changes. u should try a repair install of windows b4 reformatting that should fix ur registry adn next time u run system mechanic or any other registry repair program backup ur registry first. i use system mechanic myself but at this point i realize i dont need it u can find better programs on the net for free. for example ccleaner is a good prog for cleaning junk files and repairing registry problems. if u have ur windows install disk set ur comp to boot from cd and insert the disk and u should get the option to do a repair install and u can save ur info. good luck

ok. thnx guys. i guess i'll just do that then.

grrrr.....
where is that stupid CD....
I know i put it around here somewhere......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom