Sound device not shown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndergrounD

Beta member
HI, i've just brought a new Gigabyte P35-S3G m/board, but i having a problem with on board sound device, i opened device manager and i saw 2 icons with "?" in it and is called 'PCI device', but when i opened the sound tab i couldn't see any sound devices.
-Driver reinstalled so many times
-no IRQ conflict
-i have installed a PCI sound card before, but it gives me a BSOD(blue screen of death)when i recording video with FRAPS.

Please help!!

Sorry for my bad english...

If you are using onboard sound the then PCI Device is not your sound card. It is something else. If you have previously installed a PCI Sound card and reinstalled the onboard drivers you have overloaded the system with drivers which is causing this conflict.

First go into the BIOS to make sure that either you have the onboard on or off depending if you are gonna use it or not.

Then boot into Windows. Use Driver Cleaner Pro and remove ALL sound device drivers. Everything for every device.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Then restart and see if Windows will auto install the sound devices for you. If not go to the Gigabyte site and get the Latest drivers for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom