Sound device missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

akki

Solid State Member
The sound device on my computer seems to be missing. I tried to play a file on my computer but i cant and got this message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

The Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel detects no audio devices although under Hardware, there are audio drivers installed.

Everything was going smoothly until this morning when I tried to play the music file. I could play music files last night.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Try and reinstall your drivers, you will probably find that they are corrupt or faulty. If you do not have them handy, then you can easily find some on the internet via Google etc.

what OS do you have ?

for xp, click start, settings , control panel ( you may not see settings) ,,,, double click system, hardware, then device manager
do you see any red "X" or " !" ?
go down to sound and audio , what is there ?

how do i reinstall the drivers?

yep, it is xp.

No, i dont see any red crosses.

i hope it helps. btw, i can hear the audio when i recieve a msg from msn messenger, but i still cant play songs. So, im not sure what's wrong.

Thanks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom