Sound crashing from Xbox360 pc controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

segadomcast

Beta member
whenever I plug my Xbox 360 controller into my PC, my sound quality is very strangely altered everything sounds distorted and slightly metallic I have tried everything I can possibly think of to fix this. I've updated every driver in my computer(CPU, GPU, chipset, audio) and it has not worked at all. I downloaded the proper Xbox 360 drivers for Microsoft and the controller installs fine and it even works fine the only thing wrong is the sound quality just gets horribly distorted. I've searched with Google and other engines for over an hour but with no results. The closest description to my problem I could find at all was on some Amazon product review page, the author of that review said he lost all sound when he plugged the controller in, but unfortunately there is no way to contact him as there is no information provided. On a side note I have another PC with almost the same parts and specs as my new PC(the one I use) just older or lower powered versions, and the controller works fine and does not destroy the sound. Some additional info, I use USB sound components I have a Plantronics GamecomPro1 (DSP-500) headset, and Harmon/Kardon sound sticks. both of these are USB. I also tried plugging an ordinary sound device into my onboard sound and they all have the exact same sound problem. I've contacted Microsoft and I'm still waiting for feedback from them. If anyone has any idea, or can think of any solution to the problem I'd appreciate it very much. Computer specs listed below

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
XFX Nvidia GeForce 7950GT
Abit KN8 Ultra motherboard (Nforce 4 Ultra)
2GB Kingston Hyper X ram (DDR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom