Originally Posted by philbar71
i hear the asus Xonar sound cards are very good.
are you building it your self?
No. I get too frustrated when I encounter a problem and would probably end up breaking it :laughing: I could... I just don't like to.
I have a local guy in town that does custom computer work/builds for me when I give up :freak: I have the following set up so far...
* Asus M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.70GHz OEM Processor
* 4GB Ultra PC5400 DDR2 667Hz Memory
* WD Caviar 500/400GB Dual SATA Internal Hard Drives
* Sony DRUV200A/BR DVD/CD Rewritable Drive
* PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side
* 450-Watt Power Supply
* NVIDIA Geforce 9 GT 1GB PCI Express VC
* HD2201 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor, 1680x1050 WSXGA+, 2000:1 Contrast Ratio, HDMI, DVI, VGA
I would like a nice sound card for it still... I'm guessing that Xonar you speak of supports 5.1 surround sound even if it's a two channel MP3?