sound card probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
i just put in a new sound blaster live 24 bit, every thing went fine, but every time i restart it shows new hardware, then says there may have been a prob in the instalation of the hardware,
i ran the diagnostics tool and speaker test, everything seems fine

any help?.......thanks!

im out of slots now,
but something else is going on, after i instaled the driver all the speakers played, i restarted, and thats when i saw the new hardware, and hardware probs warnings
when i do a speaker test, they all work, i tried to play a dvd (starwars of course), and just get frot speakers, and it was on 5.1

should i try to reinstal,
u should no im a big rook, and so far got a vid card, and sound in without any big probs, i dont want to press my luck by taking it out again

If your out of PCI slots you can always take the card out and reseat it.

You should remove the card, uninstall the drivers through control panel, reinstall the card, reinstall the drivers. Then see if it works.

jumper settings can disable the sound on my mobo. look up in your manual to see if thats possible

i have no clue what the **** that means, or where t oget a manual, or what manual to get, am i srewed? lol

ok, i know the card is working in some fashion, because the speakers are pluged into it. the tests work,
in the control panel, under the sounds and devices this is whats listed.
1 LITE=ON CD- ROM LTN - 4893
2 TSST corp CD/DVDW TS- 455213
3 Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
4 Legacy audio drivers
5 media control devices
6 legacy video capture devices
7video codes

i dont think 4 5 & 6 should be there but cant find out how to get rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom