sound card problem, sound cuts out

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambam

Beta member
Hi, i have been using my icemat usb sound card on my last computer for some time, my computer fried so i bought a new one that i custom built, while i was waiting for the parts to come in the mail i installed my same usb sound card to use with my headphones on my dads computer (it worked fine!). but now on my new computer it installed and everything and works but every like 30 mins or so it cuts out, all my sound when implaying games, listening to music or what not all scrambles and its totally loud and i have to either unplug the usb cord and plug it back in or another way ive found to make it stop is to turn all programs off that uses sound like itunes, a game im playing, ventrilo. and then turn them back on and it works again. any answers as to why this doesnt work on my comp, i even went and tested it on my dads computer and it works fine, so the card itself is not broken.

computer specs:

intel core2duo E6320
evga nForce 680i SLI
evga 6600GT nvida vidcard
2 gigs ddr2 6400 ram
icemat usb soundcard
icemat siberia headphones

nothing overclocked.

Thanks,
Jacob

Only one way of fixing a problem like this but it might cost you about 10 euro , go to a hardware store and buy whats called a 'lump hammer' open the side of your pc case and aim inside you pc and close your eyes and hope for the best. :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom