Sound Card not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalime

Baseband Member
Hello I am new here. I am in need of some serious help. So just an hour ago I was taking a look at my BIOS, was just curious. I am a complete newbie so I was careful not to change anything. When I exited and booted my PC, I opened up Warcraft III. It said the sound was disabled or something so that was weird. I also remember hearing beeps but I don't remember how many beeps there were or when they beeped. I checked the sound thing in the Control Panel and no Sound Card is detected. Itunes cannot play anything. I would really appreciate some help. I do not think I did anything in the BIOS, but if somebody can tell me something I might of done please say so! Thank you in advance!

hmm, reset your BIOS, if you have an onboard sound card it may have some how disabled. If its a dedicated card do a "New Hardware" search and see if it picks it up, also try moving it to a different PCI slot.

Also, if it is Onboard try and get ahold of a sound CARD, install it and see what happens

EDIT: Oh!, and welcome to the forums hope you like it here

Thanks for the welcome. Haha I thought I would get a faster reply seeing as how there are so many posts here. I resolved the issue myself though. Turns out that some audio thing (forgot what it was called) was apparently disabled. All I had to do was enable it and everything works fine now. Thanks anyways though!

And yes I definitely like this forum. I will definitely stick around for computer building and hardware help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom