Sound Card Issue

HunterjWizzard

Solid State Member
Hi folks,

Having a little trouble with my Supermicro X7DAL motherboard. System is running Windows Server 2003 x64.

The Sound Card presents itself in hardware manager simply as a "PCI Device". Using Unknown Device Identifier v8.0, it comes up as "Intel 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset High Definition Audio". Using another program called Everest, it is further identified as a RealTek ALC883.

I have tried so far about 7 different audio drivers, including the ones provided by Supermicro, and the board will not accept a single one. I'm sure a few of you have been hear before and know how frustrating it can be, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the response.

I had already installed the chipset driver, as well as used intel's utility to ensure that it was installed correctly and up-to-date. Just now I tried extracting the INF executables and pointing the PCI device at the extracted files, still nothing.

This is where it gets especially weird/irritating: on the manufacturer CD there is even a folder under Realtek labeled ALC883. Not only do those drivers not work when installed, I can extract the .EXE and STILL not get a usable driver.

Back
Top Bottom