Sound card issue? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Sound card issue?

Yesterday, I moved my computer and when I bought it up this morning. I set it all back up, then my speaker feel off my desk, pulling my microphone wire, down and out of my pc (I have my headset and speakers wired together)

After this happened, there was a slight buzzing noise that can be faintly heard in my headset and on my speakers. Then there was no sound at all, I just updated my drivers to the latest versions and now the slight buzzing sound is back. I have a realtek HD audio device and as far as I can tell its a onboard sound card. It also seems like only one speaker/headphone (right) has the sound I am playing coming out of it. The left one has the buzzing coming out.

If this is a sound card issue, could anyone recommend one? I have a budget between £15-30, I don't need anything fancy. Just something to get the job done.

Any help is appreciated.

Keeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Sound card issue?

i suggest if you have spare headset or speaker give it a try if its the problem still exist try then its we can conclude that the problem is in your Sound card.

av3lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Sound card issue?

I think your speakers are bad. You dropped them, that could damage them. Do what he said. Try some new speakers.
__________________ Steam Account
MindoverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote