Sound card inopperable

xerolen

In Runtime
I just bought a sound blaster audigy SE to replace the built in sound card I have in my desktop and the drivers it comes with and the creative site have don't work. I am running windows 7 home premium 64-bit on a dell precision workstation 690. does anyone know how to fix this problem? windows will detect the new hardware and try to use windows update to install it. it will find a driver to install but after the install I tried using the sound card and it just won't output sound. Can anyone help me? please it is killing me.

tap the F2 key as your system starts to boot, that should get you into your bios options.
Go to the Onboard Devices section and select the Intergrated Audio, change it to the off setting (on is the default) Save your settings and reboot

None of the suggestions worked. I tried even using bios to turn off the internal sound card and then reinstall official soundblaster audigy driver. that didn't work and then I tried it with just the windows update driver and that didn't work either.

Back
Top Bottom