Sound Card Help****

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
So to start out with my sound that is being projected is distorted.

Anyhow I installed my Jaton sound card, and forgot to uninstall the onboard sound drivers.

I then proceeded to take out the sound card and then turn on the computer and uninstall the main boards drivers. Then I went back in and installed the external sound card and undated the drivers and it is still distorted?

I don't know whats going on can anyone help me?

Buy another cheaper sound card, remove the current drivers, install new (Cheap) card, install drivers for this card. If sound is still distorted then it may be a problem with your motherboard or the PCI slot your using, if the sound is not distorted, RMA the Jaton..

Was your on board sound also distorted? If so try some headphones to see if your speakers are toast.

My onboard sound has been distorted from a long time ago, although to bypass that I used a usb headset and it worked fine.

I proceeded to uninstall the drivers but it's still here I'm going to do what ste told me.

RMA, means to return the product using the warranty, to the manufacture for replacement or repair.

The button to access the CMOS during POST is dependant on the motherboard, though it is usually F1 or delete.

If its damaged/dead..

though its probbaly your motherboard since you said the same problem occurs with onboard, you won't know until you try another sound card.

Is there a way I can fix the onboard sound card and maybe just not use the other soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom