Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
Ihave a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy card that stopped working the other day. I have no idea why, i just started up the computer and no sound or anything wouild play through my speakers, i tested with various other things and yet nothing.

The computer says everything is fine, ths drivers are fine, I just can't figure what happened and i would really like to get it working again if possible, because the AC97 i reverted to sucks.

I can't send it back and I think i may have to buy a new one.

Also make sure the onboard sound is disabled in the bios. I know that if it was working before then it proably is turned off but you know computers. They can do some strange things.

Metr01973 said:
Also make sure the onboard sound is disabled in the bios. I know that if it was working before then it proably is turned off but you know computers. They can do some strange things.

or a more accurate statement would be "You Know Windows", lol:eek:

yeah, Windows does have problems

To tell you the truth i don't beleive my BIOS supports turning onboard sound on and off (this MB SUCKS it has the worst support)

Try the simple stuff first, meh in almost 10 years fixing computers I have only ever seen one!! bad sound card. 99.9999999% of the time its drivers. I am not saying your card isn't bad, but it takes 5 minutes to reinstall the drivers.

If reinstalling the drivers don't work the first time, try uninstalling the card in the properties window, then restart and install drivers. Sometimes windows needs a kick in the pants, like "hey dude, there's a new sound card in my computer-reconize it and install the drivers!" {Steps off soapbox}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom