Sorry - RAM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C177

Baseband Member
A couple of days ago I installed some new RAM on my computer. It didn't seem to make much difference until yesterday, when the performance increased by (literally) 3x. Now today, its back to what it was like before I put the new RAM in. Why is it doing this?

Re: Why is it doing this?

Is all of your new ram recognized by the system?

Try reseating all of your ram.

Well we can't really answer that without more information. How many programs are you running? Are they intensive programs? How much RAM did you have originally, and how much did you put in?

Yep, its recognizing it. System info says I have 2Gb, ran the crucial scanner as well, that said so too. And it was in a PC game, L4D, it was playing perfectly yesterday, today its back to what it was like before. I'm definitely not running any programs I wasn't yesterday. I had 1GB and I put another 1GB in.

What applications or games have you been using ? It might have to do with the program(s) you are running when you see performance differences. What is your OS and system specs ?

If you continue to have performance issues then you could download Memtest 86+, and click the free download link. It should run at least 4 hours or you can leave it running over night. I have run it a few times and its a good little utility, whether you use it for this issue or not.

EDIT: I didnt see the other posts, they beat me to it. Good luck :D

Have you checked your temps? Are any of the processes you're currently running taking up more/less resources? Have you adjusted the settings accordingly in L4D? Have you OC'd?

Sorry, I was an arse

I'm sorry about that, I was tired and annoyed after a bad day, but thats no excuse. Basically, I was a complete idiot.

What is your OS and system specs ?

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 450 @ 2.00GHz. If you need more info, just say.

Again, I'm sorry. I didn't really think about what I was typing.

Are you running XP, vista or Win7 RC Build 7100? I am guessing that since it is a Celeron M that this is a laptop as well?

Have you opened task manager and taken a look at what processes are using your ram and how much is used.

For instance I have vista x64 and with all of the eye candy turned on and a few of programs running I can use around 1.5gb. When I have programs such as Photoshop CS4 it can go up to 3gb.

See what programs are using the most ram and we will see what we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom