Sony Viao

wilson210

Solid State Member
Hi all im william, i would greatly appreciate some help with a Laptop an Sony Viao. The problem the screen is showing the picture with no light in the backround. I suspected the screen cable was faulty, so i changed that with no affect. there is no inverter as this is built in to the screen itself which leads me to believe its the screen thats faulty or possibly motherboard damage. Any responses will be a lot of help cheers.

If there's no light but you can still see the picture, it'd most likely be a backlight issue with the LCD (possibly an inverter issue).

Replace the screen. Usually laptop LCD's run anywhere from $80 to $120 USD.

To be sure it's not a board / video issue (I highly doubt it is, however), just hook an external monitor up to it. If the picture is fine on there, then you can be sure it's definitely an LCD issue.

yes it works perfect with an external monitor, thanks for the reply it confirmed what i origonally tought thanks a million
If there's no light but you can still see the picture, it'd most likely be a backlight issue with the LCD (possibly an inverter issue).

Replace the screen. Usually laptop LCD's run anywhere from $80 to $120 USD.

To be sure it's not a board / video issue (I highly doubt it is, however), just hook an external monitor up to it. If the picture is fine on there, then you can be sure it's definitely an LCD issue.

Back
Top Bottom