Somethings Wrong! Bad Mobo? Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysays

Solid State Member
Heya my friend ordered alll the parts for his new PC, and i built it all today. Went to start it up first time and black screen, no output from vid. card...tried card in another computer and it worked fine...The card was getting power (i also tried another card in the same slot, no video) but i think the pci-e x16 slot was bad or just the mobo in general...Does it seem like the mobo is whats at fault here? Everything else works fine, cept no picture, or no beeps...the mobo is a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l s series. We got a geforce 8800gts card in with 4gig of DDR2 pc2 6400 (4sticks) and a lga775 core2 duo e6850 3gig. Any help would be appreciated!

yea everything is plugged in right, have built a few PC's b4 so its not an ID 10 t error. I have never gotten a DOA part from newegg but have heard of quite a few of these motherboards being Dead on arrival. all fans lights drives work fine, but i think the vid card is jus runnin cuz it has aux power and isnt dependin on the mobo for power, and same with heatsinkfan. Kind of boggling me, we will probably end up rma'ing the mobo but i jus wanna make sure its the mobo.

Is there any other computer you have that you can try the 8800 on? Might be the motherboard and the PCI-e slot. You could try to reseat it and stuff but if that doesn't work, should be the motherboard.

yea the graphics card works great, i can test it in my PC, but not the ram or anything...but imma try bootin without anything but psu, cpu, and the case plugged in and see if i can get some beeps for the ram..But yea i think itseither the pci-e slot or the mobo in general...Ill try to figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom