Somethings Wrong! Bad Mobo? Plz help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Somethings Wrong! Bad Mobo? Plz help!

Heya my friend ordered alll the parts for his new PC, and i built it all today. Went to start it up first time and black screen, no output from vid. card...tried card in another computer and it worked fine...The card was getting power (i also tried another card in the same slot, no video) but i think the pci-e x16 slot was bad or just the mobo in general...Does it seem like the mobo is whats at fault here? Everything else works fine, cept no picture, or no beeps...the mobo is a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l s series. We got a geforce 8800gts card in with 4gig of DDR2 pc2 6400 (4sticks) and a lga775 core2 duo e6850 3gig. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired.

Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Somethings Wrong! Bad Mobo? Plz help!

Did you plug in the CPU power connector? video power connector?

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea everything is plugged in right, have built a few PC's b4 so its not an ID 10 t error. I have never gotten a DOA part from newegg but have heard of quite a few of these motherboards being Dead on arrival. all fans lights drives work fine, but i think the vid card is jus runnin cuz it has aux power and isnt dependin on the mobo for power, and same with heatsinkfan. Kind of boggling me, we will probably end up rma'ing the mobo but i jus wanna make sure its the mobo.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via ICQ to imconfused Send a message via AIM to imconfused Send a message via MSN to imconfused Send a message via Yahoo to imconfused

sounds like the exact same problem i'm having (Built new PC, on 2nd Mobo, still no video display! HELP!!!), but my stuff is from tigerdirect instead of newegg, minus the cpu fan which is from newegg. hopefully someone can figure out a solution to this, i've been running into quite a few of these threads in forums all over the net and they are the exact same problem but no1 ever posts the end result or a fix...

- Intel D945GCPE Socket 775 Mobo
- Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz OEM CPU
- Thermaltake CL-P0378 90mm CPU Cooler
- Ultra 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 Memory
- Maxtor DiamondMax 21 200GB HD
- Sony NEC Optiarc 18x DVD Burner
- nVidia GeForce FX5200 256MB PCI GPU
- Aspire Blue Aluminum Tri-Fan 520-Watt PSU
- Power Up ATX Silver Mid Tower
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Is there any other computer you have that you can try the 8800 on? Might be the motherboard and the PCI-e slot. You could try to reseat it and stuff but if that doesn't work, should be the motherboard.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea the graphics card works great, i can test it in my PC, but not the ram or anything...but imma try bootin without anything but psu, cpu, and the case plugged in and see if i can get some beeps for the ram..But yea i think itseither the pci-e slot or the mobo in general...Ill try to figure it out!

Closed Thread