Something wrong with my HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n3r4d3

Baseband Member
It's a long read guys so bare with me.

ok so i have 2 hdds, one 120 SATA another SATA 320GB. yesterday i moved all my data from the 120 to the 320 because i want to reformat my 120 since its slowing me down and i need to room for it to breathe.

today, i put my windows xp cd in and it went into the blue screen where it says install XP press enter, repair press R etc etc. i press enter to enter installation.

it says choose the 2 paritions. i went to delete the 120 one and restored it. and installed it xp to my 120 one. i did not TOUCH my 320 at all. after it finished, it loads to windows blahblahblah. i went to MY COMPUTER to check for my stuff. and it says Local Disk C which is my main one and Local Disk D my other one (320GB one) and it asks me to REFORMATT TO USE. WTF?!!?!

so i went to control panel > admin > comp management to check it. it says

Disk 1 (320GB) 128GB Healthy, 170 Unallocated.

i know all my stuff are in the 170 part. do i have to reformat it? i hope not cause ALLL my stuff are inside.

someone please help. thanks.

one more question if i press new partiion, will it erase everything?

:angry: :(

hmm, looks like your you allocation table or something has gone corrupt, Im no expert in recovering information, which costs hundreds to thousands of dollars to do, unless any1 has got any ideas, looks like you have to reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom